Terms and conditions ( 2022 )RECOLECCIÓN
RECOLECCIÓN WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
DEMONSTRATIONS and FOODS OTHERWISE TRANSPORTED, FURTHER PREPARED AND CONSUMED
As a guest taking part of an event by or through / shed project, or their associates, I hereby acknowledge the following:
- Each event is a reverence of place and time, and is celebrating the time and place through food and drink, ceramics, stories, and traditional knowledge;
- Food and drink are included in the experience;
- Water that is offered at the event is either wild spring water or well water from the property;
- Any food consumed during this event will include wild/endemic foods, traditional to the land and area;
- Some of the food or drinks provided may be fermented, but will be advertised as such;
- The prepared meals may contain meat, eggs, and dairy products from local animals;
- Any dairy products served at the event will very likely be unpasteurized products, which contain healthy natural enzymes normally eliminated during the pasteurization process;
- All food is treated with the deepest care and proper precautions to ensure safety and nutrition for consumers;
- No harsh chemicals are used in the cleaning process of any dishes/serving platters/utensils. Cleanliness, while paramount, is completed without harsh chemicals;
- 10.All ceramics which are handmade by Johnny Ortiz are cured with elk marrow and beeswax. Each piece is cleaned using hot water and gentle soap;
- 11.All foods are handled and prepared with the utmost care and attention, and will be made with clean hands, no gloves;
- 12.All food that is cut is done so on clean wood cutting boards, washed in hot water and gentle soap.
- 13.No alcoholic beverages will be served to anyone under the age of twenty-one (21). Proof of age must be presented upon request.
Food preparation carries with it inherent risks that include but are not limited to health hazards resulting from improper transport, handling and storage.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any event (recolección) or related event at the Taos Historic Museums, Hacienda de los Martinez (an “Event”) where (all the things included) prepared foods, cooked, perishable or otherwise are transported, further prepared, and consumed, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, agents, employees and affiliates, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue / shed project, their affiliates, direct or indirect, officers, employees, and agents from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in any Event.
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT. ONCE THE TICKET HAS BEEN PURCHASED, NO REFUNDS SHALL BE GIVEN. TICKETS MAY BE GIFTED TO OTHERS BUT CANNOT BE USED FOR FUTURE EVENTS.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
Participation in any Event carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary, and can include but are not limited to cooking food thoroughly; separating and not cross contaminating foods; chilling or refrigerating food appropriately; cleaning foodstuffs, instruments and hands used in and for food preparation; fire or gas hazards. Raw foods of animal origin may be contaminated; that is, raw meat and poultry, raw eggs, unpasteurized milk, and raw shellfish. Consumption of foods that mingle the products of many individual animals, such as bulk raw milk, pooled raw eggs, or ground beef may contain a pathogen if found in any one of the animals, which may contaminate the whole batch. While we make every effort avoid contamination of the food prepared and presented for this event, there is always a risk when consuming raw or undercooked food.
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS
I agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Shed, their affiliates, direct or indirect, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnitees”) from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in Events, whether brought by me, my company or its agents or employees, or other third parties, and to reimburse the Indemnitees for any such expenses incurred.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
I have read this Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily, am over the age of 18, and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law for myself as well as my guests.